Latest Event Updates
As the new year starts next week, we are looking for new committee members for 2017/2018! We’ve already selected a few second and third years, but we wanted to give new members a chance to apply! (If you are not a new member, but over the summer changed your mind, you can also apply now!)
If you want to apply, you have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short motivation and your CV (mind you that this doesn’t have to be the most elaborate CV you’ve ever written, a short one is fine!).
You can apply for these committees:
– Activity Committee
– Travel Committee
– Pub Quiz Committee
– And our new Lustrum Committee!
You are allowed to apply for multiple committees.
For all committee job descriptions, please check the job descriptions document on the NUTS website: https://svnuts.com/boardcommittee-20172018/
The deadline for your application is Monday the 25th of September at 5pm. We will invite the applicants for short interviews in the same week. After we have received your applications, you’ll hear from us shortly.
For other questions you can also contact us via email or via Facebook.
Love, the NUTS Board
Dear prospective NUTSies,
Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we had to cancel this year’s introduction camp. However, instead we’re organising an introduction day!
The NUTS introduction day will take place on Friday the 1st of September, right before the start of the academic year. Joining the intro day will be a great opportunity for you to get to know your fellow first year students and to be introduced to NUTS and its various activities throughout the year. During the day we’ll take you on an exciting trip through Groningen during the afternoon and end the day with dinner and drinks.
The costs of this day are €20,- for members, which includes lunch, dinner, and activities. To sign up, send an email to email@example.com before Monday the 28th of August, in which you state your name, phone number, and food preferences/allergies. (please note: we have to make a reservation, so signing up is necessary)
The fee should be paid upfront and transferred to NL89 RABO 0346 2152 18. Once signed up, we’ll provide you with more information on the intro day as soon as possible.
We hope to see you there, and we will make sure you will have a great start of the academic year!
We hope you’re enjoying your summer holiday so far! Meanwhile, we as the board are busy arranging things for the upcoming academic year, such as the book sale.
Although you might not be thinking about ordering books for the upcoming block just yet, we wanted to notify you of the fact that our book sale for block 1 has begun anyway! We sell books for year one, two, and three of English Language & Culture in our shop.
If you’re a NUTS member, you can order your studybooks with a small discount We’ve selected most (if not all) books you’ll need for the upcoming block. All books are sorted on year of studies and course. It can happen that the store displays books you’ve already bought last year; in that case, you don’t need to order them again of course. If you want to double-check, https://www.rug.nl/ocasys/let/vak/showpos?opleiding=6 shows all the courses and books you’ll need. If you see anything weird with regard to the store or the books that are displayed, please contact us.
You can access the store via the ‘Studystore’ button above.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
As you all must know by now, we are looking for new committee members for 2017/2018! We thought it would be nice to introduce the committees one by one, to give you a clearer picture of what the NUTS committees actually do!
Last but not least: the new Lustrum Committee!
As a committee member of the lustrum committee, you: organise and host the NUTS Lustrum that will take place next academic year!
The competences of a lustrum committee member:
– Creativity: a member of the LC is creative and can come up with new and original ideas for the Lustrum.
– Organising: a member of the LC is good at organising events, which means he or she is able to oversee what needs to happen to successfully organise and host an event and is able to do those things in time.
– Cooperation: a member of the LC can successfully cooperate with other members of the committee. He or she is open to the ideas of others, but can also critically analyse whether or not an idea is feasible, and knows how to communicate this to the other
member. Communication in general is not a problem for an LC member.
– Independence: although cooperation is of the utmost importance, a LC member is also able to perform tasks for the committee independently.
Furthermore, the lustrum committee is responsible for organising a successful lustrum, and responsible for the funding of the lustrum!
We hope that many of you are considering to apply! You can send in your applications until this Friday, so don’t hesitate any further and send us a short motivation and your CV.
As you all know, we are looking for new committee members for 2017/2018! We thought it would be nice to introduce the committees one by one, to give you a clearer picture of what the NUTS committees actually do!
Thirdly: The Pub Quiz Committee!
As a committee member of the pub quiz committee, you: organise and host the monthly pub quiz, and you buy presents and print the answer sheets for the pub quiz!
The competences of a pub quiz committee member:
– Estimate the knowledge of the participants and create questions based on that: the PC is able to create questions that are neither too hard nor too easy; a participant mustn’t feel like he or she didn’t know anything at all, nor must they feel like they knew everything.
– Time-management: a member of the PC is able to create a pub quiz, buy presents and provide answer sheets in time for the pub quiz, as well as think of a theme two weeks in advance and discuss this with the Board.
– Cooperation: a member of the PC can successfully cooperate with other members of the committee. He or she is open to the ideas of others, but can also critically analyse whether or not an idea is feasible, and knows how to communicate this to the other
member. Communication in general is not a problem for a PC member.
Furthermore, the pub quiz committee is responsible for organising successful pub quizzes, and for providing everything that is needed for the pub quizzes.
(Make sure to check out this Tuesday’s pub quiz as well! It’s the last one of this academic year, so be there )
We hope that many of you are considering to apply! Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short motivation and your CV.